Being well prepared for your visit will maximize your experience at Float House. For more specific questions please consult our FAQ.
- Book online or call us.
- Avoid shaving the day of the appointment.
- Avoid caffeine at least 3-4 hours before your float.
- Don’t have a heavy meal immediately before floating, don’t be too hungry either. A similar balance as if you were about to do exercise.
- Hydrate 1-2 hours before floating.
- Arrive 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Empty your bladder before entering the float room.
- Insert earplugs before showering.
- Use only pre-float designated soap.
- Take a medium temperature pre-float shower.
- Dry your face prior to entering the tank.
- Center your body in the tank. Touch the side walls lightly with your hands and feet, then slowly relax your arms and legs away from the walls.
- Assume a comfortable position. Your arms at your side, palms down; or arms over-head with your palms up are the most common.
- Use your breath to help you relax. Slow and deep inhalations through the nose into the lower belly will take you into deeper states of relaxation.
- Trust the water. Try not to engage any muscles and let your head rest on the water. Use the head rest if you feel you need more support.
- Be careful stepping out of the tank as your body will feel heavier due to the anti-gravity effect.
- Rinse your ears well to remove any salt water and keep your earplugs for your next visit.
- Enjoy some water or tea in our lounge.